...*a glimse into the daily life of a chef*...

...this blog is a place for me to record and reflect the passion that i put into my everyday life.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

i love bananas


....the much talked about and waited recipe for banana oatmeal muffins...i will give you 2 versions, my favorite version and my lazy version! there is no shame in short cuts, if the end result is ALMOST as delicious! i love when people are excited for me to put up a recipe, this is why i do this, for people to have a bit of my knowledge...i hope you can find things here that make you happy and full...that's my goal everyday to make people happy, and food seems to do the trick, so i hope each recipe can make you and your loved ones very happy...because they sure make me happy, or they wouldn't be on here!


banana oatmeal muffins

the best way....

1 1/2 cups wheat flour

1 cup rolled oats

1/2 cup dark brown sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 egg

3/4 cup milk (use vanilla almond milk)

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup mashed bananas

now if you  want:

add 1/2 cup chopped nut, or mini chocolate chips

 




now the easy way:



buy a box of jiffy banana muffin mix
add 1/2 cup oatmeal
1 RIPE banana, mashed
and then follow the box
mix, bake, and enjoy

they are LOVELY!


the jiffy muffin mixes make GREAT pancakes...stay tuned for my famous corn pancakes!


HAPPY COOKING, and even happier eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment